We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Machine Learning Platform team builds and supports the essential tools and frameworks for every machine learning engineer at Cruise. Our goal is to greatly accelerate the development cycle of machine learning models across the whole company, empowering machine learning engineers to focus on improving the car’s safety and performance, instead of worrying about their infrastructure. The scope includes managing and extending modern Deep Learning frameworks for model training, evaluation and deployment. We care about performance, ease of use and reliability of our products. We are driven by the success of our partner teams who rely on our work to build the most advanced driverless cars in the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and deploy platforms to support machine learning models training, evaluation and deployment workflows at Cruise.
- Own technical projects from start to finish and be responsible for major technical decisions and tradeoffs. Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews and design discussions.
- Consider the effects of projects across multiple teams and proactively manage conflicts. Work closely with partner teams to ensure they are benefiting from the systems we built.
- Conduct technical interviews with well-calibrated standards and play an essential role in recruiting activities. Effectively onboard and mentor junior engineers and/or interns.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Strong experience with C or C++.
- Good understanding of code efficiency/performance and reliability
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, or equivalent real-world experience
- Experience with popular deep learning frameworks, such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras etc.
- Even better if you understand: parallel training, active learning, model deployment (e.g., TensorRT conversion)
- Fluency in writing in Python
- Knowledge of C/C++ extensions for Python
- Experience with build systems (Bazel, Buck, Blaze or Cmake)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.