We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
About the role:
The Machine Learning Platform team builds and supports the essential tools and frameworks for every machine learning engineer at Cruise. Our goal is to greatly accelerate the development cycle of machine learning models across the whole company, empowering machine learning engineers to focus on improving the car’s safety and performance, instead of worrying about their infrastructure. The scope includes managing and extending modern Deep Learning frameworks for model training, evaluation and deployment. We care about performance, ease of use and reliability of our products. We are driven by the success of our partner teams who rely on our work to build the most advanced driverless cars in the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and deploy platforms to support machine learning models training, evaluation and deployment workflows at Cruise.
- Own technical projects from start to finish and be responsible for major technical decisions and tradeoffs. Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews and design discussions.
- Consider the effects of projects across multiple teams and proactively manage conflicts. Work closely with partner teams to ensure they are benefiting from the systems we built.
- Conduct technical interviews with well-calibrated standards and play an essential role in recruiting activities. Effectively onboard and mentor junior engineers and/or interns.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Strong experience with C or C++.
- Good understanding of code efficiency/performance and reliability
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, or equivalent real-world experience
- Experience with popular deep learning frameworks, such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras etc.
- Even better if you understand: parallel training, active learning, model deployment (e.g., TensorRT conversion)
- Fluency in writing in Python
- Knowledge of C/C++ extensions for Python
- Experience with build systems (Bazel, Buck, Blaze or Cmake)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested