We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to coordinate and help drive development with the systems engineering, functional safety, operational safety, and software safety teams. As Senior TPM, you will lead technical projects, schedules, and defining acceptance criteria to ensure successful on-time delivery. TPMs manage the “when” and the “how” of the program, and hold their teams accountable to deliver on engineering and operations projects to achieve business objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans that align with internal customer needs and major company initiatives
- Drive project prioritization, define project success criteria, objectives, and dependencies in alignment with broader company goals
- Define project metrics and set up mechanisms to track/report
- Drive agile planning frameworks that allow flexibility while maximizing efficiency
- Work with Product Safety team leads to ensure teams take on a balanced assignment of critical initiatives, iterative improvements, and proactive engineering excellence investments
- Support calculation of team capacity vs. estimated workload to ensure appropriate resourcing for commitments
- Lead day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Create and organize relevant project documentation
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve processes & tools used by the team and its cross-functional contributors
- Communicate across teams and outside Product Safety to effectively execute, filter, raise issues, and celebrate wins
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant partners to help the teams stay aligned to company objectives and maximize team output
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related engineering field
- 5+ years of demonstrable, hands on cross-functional project/program management experience with complex technology programs
- Proven record of building consensus and driving execution in cross-functional projects
- Experience managing fast-paced initiatives spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
- Ability to operate under ambiguity and adapt to changing environment and requirements
- Knowledge of product development or systems engineering life cycle, requirements development and decomposition, and system validation
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive, Aerospace)
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Proficiency in both Agile and waterfall project management techniques
- Passion for self-driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Familiarity with ISO/PAS 21448, ISO-26262, or IEC-62304
- Experience using Confluence, SmartSheet, JIRA, PLM, Jama
- PMP, CSM and or CSPO certifications
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.