We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Manager, Technical Program Management to help us drive critical programs from development to commercialization. In this position, you will be in a leadership role collaborating with both technical and non-technical teams across the organization. These will include the AI, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Product, Hardware and Software teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with internal customers and leadership to drive strategic planning and tactical execution for our Autonomous Vehicle programs
- Drive and own product timelines, including clear success definitions and alignment
- Partner with engineering leaders to build processes and methodologies that will improve execution efficiency, quality and enable program success
- Work highly cross-functionally across multiple organizations to resolve highly impactful issues in a timely manner
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives that build a high performance culture
- Grow and mentor team members within your organization
- Empower your team to execute independently while staying engaged
- Serve as the key advisor to Cruise Leadership on strategic topics and special projects
What you must have:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in tech-related fields; including time spent as an engineer or other working on highly technical products
- 10+ years of program management experience delivering highly impactful, complex and innovative products at scale
- 8+ years as a people manager in a technical leadership role
- Excellent verbal & written communication across various levels in the organization from C-level stakeholders to individual contributors
- Proven ability where you have worked across multiple teams to influence and create consensus
- Track record of where you have driven complex programs to successful completion within an engineering organization (Hardware, Embedded Systems, Test, Software)
- Experience leading teams through tight deadlines and complex initiatives
- Exceptional organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members using polished written and verbal skills.
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
- Passion about self-driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Master or PhD in EE, ME, CS, Physics or equivalent degrees
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Ability to learn quickly, dive deep into the details as well as see the big picture
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.