We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Optimize the flow of goods inbound to Cruise facilities, setting up freight at most efficient cost at a given required service level
- Work with GSM to negotiate contracts with Logistics freight forwarders
- Work with Fedex to optimize pricing, service levels and authorization by Cruise personnel to minimize cost while providing required service to Cruise customers
- Coordinate flow of parts and vehicles from Cruise to other locations ensure protection of the goods, all required paperwork to minimize delays at lowest cost
- Set up tracking mechanisms for inbound freight of key modules and components and track those shipments so that they arrive at destination on time
- Work with business stakeholders to develop optimized logistics scenarios for Operations needs (eg, consumables at warehouses/service centers)
- Work with freight forwarders to ensure all required paperwork and customs clearance to minimize shipment delays
- Work with freight forwarders to ensure optimized HTS codes
- Analyze current inbound and outbound logistics costs and develop and implement a plan to reduce those costs, and track effectiveness of that plan
- Report out on a quarterly basis on Logistics costs, trends, on time delivery performance etc.
- Set up QBRs with logistics providers
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management or 5 years equivalent work experience in a manufacturing, automotive or tech industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Ability to act decisively to resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate stakeholders in the company as well as suppliers/carriers
- Global Logistics experience
- Experience in Automotive Manufacturing
- Worked in a similar role at a Transportation company
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.