We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a hardworking Technical Program Manager to join the Robotics department TPM group in San Francisco. As the Staff TPM, you will be responsible for leading highly sophisticated and multi-functional technical programs, setting landmarks, and defining acceptance criteria to ensure successful timely delivery. You will be driving planning and execution across the Department partnering with senior leaders in the org. TPMs are responsible for the “when” and the “how” of the program, and hold their teams accountable to deliver on research and engineering projects to achieve business objectives
- Drives the formulation and review of department roadmaps and objectives on a quarterly and monthly cadence
- Drive agile planning frameworks that optimize work that should be agile vs planned
- Partner with Technical Product Managers to turn requirements and technical specs into achievable implementation roadmaps, including planning timelines and landmarks and identifying cross-team dependencies
- Work with Engineering Managers to ensure teams take on a balanced assignment of critical initiatives, iterative improvements, and proactive engineering excellence investments. Support calculation of team capacity vs estimated workload, and ensure the team can deliver on their commitments
- Ensure smooth execution of programs and continuously improve execution overtime
- Promote quality communication within the TPM group to optimally execute, filter, summarize reporting across the department to resolve, bring up issues and celebrate wins.
- Lead and improve multi-functional planning and execution processes for other TPMs to follow and clarify critical issue path for execution decisions
- Responsible for instrumenting monitoring to measure group efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop a mechanism to make sure the TPMs team maintains multi-functional project scope and bring up scope risk to ensure timely delivery.
- Establish confidence from partner teams to continuously minimize distractions or conflicts and push groups to improve their output.
- Use technical judgement in working with large, cross engineering teams
- Work with Technical Leads on design decisions, and chip in to the department design reviews to ensure we continue to raise our technical standards
What you must have:
- 5+ years of technical tried experience (3+ robotics or non-deterministic systems)
- Supervise record of driving execution across large engineering org and driving teams toward the next level
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field (former engineer)
- Experience leading sophisticated fast-paced safety critical initiatives spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
- Effective at building consensus across different functions (Product, ES, AI)
- Self motivation and passion to lead your teams, encourage standard methodologies, and constantly improve
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies
- Passionate about self-driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Demonstrated ability in path planning, optimization, control theory, graph theory, machine learning
- Exposure to verifying and validating safety critical software and systems
- Experience developing autonomous vehicles
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.