We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Consumer Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing external communications strategies. As we accelerate the commercialization of self-driving vehicles, we increasingly need to tell our story to consumers and residents of the communities in which we will operate. This position will focus on products, partnerships, and other consumer-facing news to earn trust with key audiences and explain how all-electric, shared, self-driving vehicles will benefit their communities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance to best tell Cruise stories externally.
- Manage key announcements and storymining within the company to provide new opportunities to tell Cruise stories to the world.
- Develop compelling communications materials, including story pitches, statements, and contributed content pieces.
- Work closely with communications colleagues, engineering, marketing and other key stakeholders within Cruise to support the company’s storytelling efforts externally
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the tech, business, and consumer press.
- Work with Cruise’s communications teams to share more about the company and its people, from developing press interviews to events and activities.
What you must have:
- Have a passion and appreciation for how all-electric, shared, self-driving vehicles can fundamentally change the way we live and positively impact society.
- 6+ years of experience in PR with a focus on consumer technology media relations; agency and in-house experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field required.
- Experience in consumer PR and relationships within tech, business, and consumer press.
- Experience providing communications guidance to executives and devising communications strategies.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion and work efficiently with a global team of colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex issues and zoom out and tell a broader, consumer focused story, demonstrating excellent technical judgment.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and willing to dive into a fun and fast moving environment.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.