We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
The AV Acceleration group develops products designed to accelerate AV software development. Their customers range from AV developers who need to understand the effects of their code on vehicle behavior to executives who track top line performance metrics. AV Acceleration aims to deliver intuitive user experiences for robotics and AI engineers that accelerate Cruise towards a driverless future.
The Map Engineering group builds and serves geospatial information to shorten the path to a safe and loveable AV experience. Their products include manual and automated labeling tools, a fleet scale mapping platform that includes facilities for real-time change detection, safety validation, and over-the-air deployments.
The Fleet Automation group is building the tools to build, operate, and scale the world’s largest driverless fleet. Their products include a real-time vehicle configuration system, in-car driver products to empower our team of Autonomous Vehicle Test Operators (AVTOs) to safely test and improve the performance of our driverless cars and Cruise’s dispatch service, which instructs and monitors the position of all AV, across all fleets, at all times.
The Consumer group is defining and building applications, tools, and services that empower customers to connect with the places, things, and experiences they care about. Their products include apps, websites and APIs to power rideshare and delivery experiences by our fleets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a solver or an architect in one or more of our groups
- Lead technology and architecture decisions, including originating and assessing technical designs, and communicating design with engineers, partners and executives
- Uphold a high technical bar, and drive high quality engineering practices across our department and Cruise
- Work collaboratively to establish and execute on large, multi-team programs
- Work with engineer managers and engineers, mentoring, coaching and growing them to help you accomplish the team’s goals
- Work with our product managers to understand and evolve our suite of products to better serve our customers
What you must have:
- The ability to make connections across different technical stacks, design patterns and development philosophies to come up with novel solutions.
- Broad knowledge of cloud computing platforms like GCP and AWS, API design and deployment (Real-time, REST, GraphQL), distributed systems, SOA and/or microservice-based architectures, datastores types and their tradeoffs, compute deployment strategies including serverless, common security vulnerabilities and mitigation, and web frontend development tech such as React
- Excellent written communication skills. Your ideas, feedback, key decisions, and technical designs will be shared with other senior engineers, partners, and company’s leadership.
- Strong product sense. You are aware of the value proposition of the products you are building. You must also have an execution-mindset, looking to deliver the most minimalist MVP, which can deliver the highest value for the company (ala lean product).
- A passion for self-driving technology and its impact on the world.
- Experience or interest in ML, embedded systems, mobile app development, ROS, or robotics
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested