We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The AV Acceleration group develops products designed to accelerate AV software development. Their customers range from AV developers who need to understand the effects of their code on vehicle behavior to executives who track top line performance metrics. AV Acceleration aims to deliver intuitive user experiences for robotics and AI engineers that accelerate Cruise towards a driverless future.
The Map Engineering group builds and serves geospatial information to shorten the path to a safe and loveable AV experience. Their products include manual and automated labeling tools, a fleet scale mapping platform that includes facilities for real-time change detection, safety validation, and over-the-air deployments.
The Fleet Automation group is building the tools to build, operate, and scale the world’s largest driverless fleet. Their products include a real-time vehicle configuration system, in-car driver products to empower our team of Autonomous Vehicle Test Operators (AVTOs) to safely test and improve the performance of our driverless cars and Cruise’s dispatch service, which instructs and monitors the position of all AV, across all fleets, at all times.
The Consumer group is defining and building applications, tools, and services that empower customers to connect with the places, things, and experiences they care about. Their products include apps, websites and APIs to power rideshare and delivery experiences by our fleets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a solver or an architect in one or more of our groups
- Lead technology and architecture decisions, including originating and assessing technical designs, and communicating design with engineers, partners and executives
- Uphold a high technical bar, and drive high quality engineering practices across our department and Cruise
- Work collaboratively to establish and execute on large, multi-team programs
- Work with engineer managers and engineers, mentoring, coaching and growing them to help you accomplish the team’s goals
- Work with our product managers to understand and evolve our suite of products to better serve our customers
What you must have:
- The ability to make connections across different technical stacks, design patterns and development philosophies to come up with novel solutions.
- Broad knowledge of cloud computing platforms like GCP and AWS, API design and deployment (Real-time, REST, GraphQL), distributed systems, SOA and/or microservice-based architectures, datastores types and their tradeoffs, compute deployment strategies including serverless, common security vulnerabilities and mitigation, and web frontend development tech such as React
- Excellent written communication skills. Your ideas, feedback, key decisions, and technical designs will be shared with other senior engineers, partners, and company’s leadership.
- Strong product sense. You are aware of the value proposition of the products you are building. You must also have an execution-mindset, looking to deliver the most minimalist MVP, which can deliver the highest value for the company (ala lean product).
- A passion for self-driving technology and its impact on the world.
- Experience or interest in ML, embedded systems, mobile app development, ROS, or robotics
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.