We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Replay Simulation team. This group develops the technology that takes on-road recorded sensor data and connects it with virtual world tests. The goal is to accurately predict how code changes can generate better on-road driving results, all without driving the actual miles. In this role, you will leverage big data (gathering, synthesis, and analysis), automation, simulation strategies, statistics, and experimentation. You will be working with various teams developing autonomous driving technology, where Replay Simulation plays a critical role. If you're looking for an opportunity with direct impact on the delivery of simulation technology for self-driving vehicles, join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Extend our Replay Simulation framework that is used across the company to test the AV software
- Work with customer and partner teams to identify issues and areas of improvements
- Investigate and debug issues across team domain, formulate and propose solutions
- Work with team leads and engineering leadership to prioritize development roadmaps and plan future projects
- Lead projects with peers and across teams, from design, implementation to release
- Author Technical Design Documents to efficiently communicate the project to various stakeholders
- Create authoring, helper, and debugging tools
- Develop systems to improve the testing cycle using Replay simulation
- Develop test suites (unit, integration, system)
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or higher degree in computer science or equivalent real-world experience
- 8+ years of experience writing clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable software in Python or C++
- 2+ years of experience acting as a technical lead/architect for complex systems
- Experience acting as a mentor for other team members
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Excellent mathematical and physics reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to work across teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
- Experience with ROS
- Experience developing and using simulation systems
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.