We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a talented Hardware Engineering Leader to lead, manage, and grow the compute team in a fast-paced environment. At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be the technical lead or designing hardware day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position they will lead the development, architecture, analysis, and qualification of on- and off-vehicle compute systems within the Compute and Networking group.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for growing and developing a world class team of hardware and electrical engineers dedicated to the development of computing hardware for Autonomous Vehicles
- Drive best practices within the team and create tools which encourage their use across the company
- Conduct reviews on component selection, schematics, PCB layout, analysis (Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Electromagnetic Interference, etc) and validation plans to ensure high quality of work
- Organize and lead cross-functional collaboration efforts with Architecture, Systems, Signal Integrity, Mechanical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Test Engineering, GM Vehicle Teams, and Manufacturing to ensure full coverage in requirements and features
- Create and execute technical roadmaps for team while promoting (and living) a healthy and collaborative team culture based on Cruise values. Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Drive delivery and development of on-time, well-tested electrical infrastructure in support of our program and mission
What you must have:
- 7 + years of experience designing complex hardware/systems from concept to mass production for automotive / robotic / aerospace industry
- 5+ years of direct management experience with a proven track record of building high-performance teams
- Extensive knowledge in CPU/GPU architecture including ARM, MIPS and/or x86, NVIDIA
- Strong knowledge in EE fundamentals and experience designing high reliability and safety critical electronics hardware
- Experience with designs involving high speed interfaces such as DDR, LPDDR, PCIe, Ethernet
- Experience validating complex, high-availability electronic systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in developing electrical architectures and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.