We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing internal communications strategies and plans that engage, inform, and inspire employees with Cruise’s mission, business strategy and culture, and drive employees’ understanding and engagement on company priorities and key initiatives. This position will work closely with the Chief People Officer and other leaders on internal communication strategies and activities to support key culture initiatives. Additionally, the Internal Communications Manager will recommend and plan internal communications strategies, programs, or activities that address specific cultural issues or employee needs and achieve desired results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications program with specific strategies and action plans to effectively communicate with and influence internal stakeholders, including full time and contractor workforces.
- In conjunction with the People team, Marketing, Product and other functional areas, as well as the rest of the Cruise Communications team, develop and execute strategies that earn stakeholder commitment and engagement in key initiatives for the organization.
- Produce ongoing communications in print and/or electronic formats as appropriate.
- Draft messages or talking points from senior executives for internal presentations in a variety of formats.
- Develop communications measurement materials to gauge effectiveness and interest level of internal audiences.
- Create innovative ways to effectively communicate information within the company and motivate employees.
- Participate in crisis communication preparedness activities.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with Cruise branding guidelines in all communications materials.
What you must have:
- 5+ yrs experience in internal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, human resources management, marketing or a related field required.
- Experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large, fast-growing organization.
- Experience in writing on deadline for a variety of different audiences, editorial work including the planning, development and distribution of communications materials in multiple formats.
- Bonus if also have experience supporting People teams and/or culture-building initiatives
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.