We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a hardworking Senior Software Engineer to design and develop full stack features and improvements for the Remote Assistance system. In this role you will work closely with teams across Cruise to build tools, visualizations, user interfaces and back end services. You’ll build technologies that will help Cruise change transportation.
Remote Assistance demonstrates human intuition to support autonomous vehicles in complicated situations. Remote Assistance engineering is a full-stack team of frontend, backend, and AV engineers that develop the software systems for this capability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop full stack features across our front end application and back end services.
- Identity and implement improvements to testing and automation.
- Measure and improve performance in all layers of the stack.
- Extend and improve distributed and fault tolerant services.
- Drive standard methodologies for backend deployment, monitoring, and traceability.
What you must have:
- Experience building frontends using React, Redux, WebGL and similar libraries.
- Experienced with Golang, Java or C++.
- Experience building, deploying, and operating high availability services.
- Experience handling container-based workloads using Kubernetes or other orchestration software.
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience with REST APIs, GRPC and websockets.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its impact.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of video streaming and network performance.
- Deep understanding of network performance and protocol design.
- Experience with Three.js or related technologies.
- Experience with Docker development and deployment workflows.
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.