We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to deliver business-critical IT programs for the Infrastructure team. In this role you will work cross-functionally to deliver IT solutions across all of Cruise. Work cross functionally and build strong relationships internally and externally. You’ll lead a broad set of programs that touch on every aspect of Cruise, and will work across the organization including Senior leadership.
In collaboration with IT Engineering leaders you will drive project execution across all phases of the SDLC, Agile practices, and work with upper management to identify business needs, business partners to define requirements, and IT engineers to deliver solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop and lead activities for multiple technical programs, from ideation and planning through production, release, support, and expansion
- Contribute cross-functionally to drive program requirements
- Work with the team to deliver technical products and the infrastructure and process to support them. Balance the tradeoffs between risk, resourcing, dates, and deliverables, and understand what’s most important for each case.
- Supervise and report on project progress, schedules, risks, and opportunities so there are no surprises
- Work with partners throughout Cruise to drive technical and non-technical requirements
- Drive annual, quarterly, and sprint planning for engineering and business teams
- Partner with teams to define and document requirements and roadmap
- Maintain intimate knowledge of multiple various systems across multiple platforms
- Identify areas for improvement in process and inspire change
- Turn requirements and product specs into implementation plans that take cross-team dependencies, tech debt, and long-term roadmaps into account
- Coordinate multiple dependency sets across multiple organizations
- Work with Engineering Managers to calculate capacity and estimate effort for upcoming plans
Execution and Delivery
- Escalate and coordinate with dependent teams to ensure work isn’t blocked
- Create and adjust processes for lightweight engineering work tracking and execution
- Provide status updates on progress towards deliverables, including monitoring project health
- Update planning schedule as needed
- Monitor and flag ongoing risks, and address mitigation
- Validate all functional and non-functional requirements have been met, such as latency, performance, scalability, and cost
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program
What you must have:
- 5+ years Technical Program Management experience in multiple focus areas
- Strong experience in IT or adjacent areas, such as Internal Operations, Business Systems, Financial Systems, Platform Engineering, SRE
- Strong experience with Agile and tuning the Agile process for a team
- Strong understanding of complex technical systems - can describe technical systems to non-technical people
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Strong ability to bring groups of people together to tackle big problems
- Experience supporting companies of 400 people or greater
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.