We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Sensors team is responsible for the development and deployment of all sensors on our autonomous vehicles. As a Camera Module Lead, you will drive optical sensor development from concept through to volume production. You will be the “glue” between hardware, embedded software, and our manufacturing partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, test, deploy, and optimize world-class camera systems for autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate with software developers, systems engineers, and hardware teams to develop sensor specifications based on perception and system requirements
- Lead engagements with manufacturing partners and external suppliers to ensure timely execution of development projects
- Own, improve, and sustain reliable next-gen camera testing and calibration processes
- Evaluate novel imaging sensor technologies and their impact on overall system performance
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, optics, science, or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and delivering opto-electronic hardware.
- Deep expertise and proven contributions in a design, integration or testing role for camera modules/optical sensing systems in some core capacity (e.g.optical, EE, optomech, firmware/software, test/calibration)
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to attack and close on complex engineering problems.
- Understanding of the complexities of scaling a technically sophisticated product including: demonstrated knowledge of technology development processes, ability to direct allocation of resources and staff, balancing technical requirements, schedule, risk, and procedural and safety compliance
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership, program direction and mentorship
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale in a highly cross-functional, interdisciplinary engineering team environment
- Experience with sensor calibration
- Exposure to firmware design and/or real-time systems
- Experience with electro-optical systems design (e.g., Zemax, Fred, Comsol)
- Familiarity with working in a mass production environment
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and programing languages such as Python, C, etc.,
- Experience working with automotive OEMs, Tier 1, and Tier 2 suppliers
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.