We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Data Science team uses metrics and experimentation to close the loop between software development and real-world performance. We analyze thousands of miles of driving every day to provide trustworthy estimates of the safety and comfort of the rider experience. We attribute failures on the road to functional areas and software components so engineers can focus on the highest-impact solutions. And we evaluate the results of integration tests to predict how the solutions will perform on the road before investing in expensive on-road tests.
As a Data Science Manager, you will work directly with an array of stakeholders, including executive leadership, Autonomous Vehicle (AV) engineers, product managers, and operations teams.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about the AV Industry, has a track record of discovering insights from massive data, and works to discover and address customer needs through their output.
What you’ll be doing:
- Growing and developing multiple teams of data scientists and analysts with diverse technical backgrounds
- Setting the topline metrics and experimentation strategy for Cruise
- Designing and implementing a data solutions service model for engineering and product stakeholders
- Partnering with Data Engineering, Product Engineering, and Machine Learning Infrastructure teams to optimize data pipelines
- Drive Data Science best practices both within your team, and fostering a healthy and collaborative culture
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
What you must have:
- Experience managing multiple, high output teams in Data Science or Analytics
- 5+ years experience in metrics, experimentation, and analytics
- Expert knowledge of common statistical analyses (e.g. frequentist hypothesis testing)
- Creative, resourceful, and enthusiastic about seeking new solutions to problems and opportunities
- A track record of leading cross-functional initiatives
- Familiarity with advanced techniques including Bayesian and sequential testing, causal inference, and graphical modeling
- Experience in advising leadership at the director, VP and CTO level on Data driven decision making
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.