We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a Software Systems Test Engineering Manager to help us evaluate, test and challenge the integration of multiple software components at a vehicle level. In this position, you will define test strategies and plans, execute test runs, analyze test results and collaborate with our software developers, infrastructure, platform, systems engineering, testing frameworks and simulation team to test the AV software to ensure highly reliable systems.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working side by side with developers to release high-quality features with extensive regression testing and defining verification plans for autonomous vehicle systems
- Working in tandem with Systems Engineering teams and OEM partners to establish test coverage, ownership, and coordinate testing across teams and geographies
- Drive from initial designs to production level testing using a plethora of internal tools and technologies
- Define and implement repeatable, realistic and targeted tests
- Analyze test failures and work with developers to resolve them
- Being an outstanding customer for simulation and testing tool development teams
- Help define and measure KPIs for quality. Develop and maintain dashboards that allow for quick pulse checks and actionable results
- Foster a healthy and inclusive team environment where diversity is celebrated and team members have an opportunity to do their life’s best work and grow every day.
- Hire, mentor, and motivate an exceptional team of System Test Engineers responsible for releasing mission critical products
- Contribute to strategic hiring across the company, and provide accurate assessments for hiring and promotions of potential and current team members
- Understanding the subsystem level impact of testing coverage choices and guiding the team to make efficient and effective testing trade-offs
- Determine strategies for translating on road incidents into robust and maintainable tests to ensure on road performance
What you must have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in implementing, managing and configuring test solutions for integrated software/robotics systems
- Experience with software test automation, CI/CD
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Extensive experience building test plans, regression testing, and root cause analysis
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in detail oriented test plan design and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with setting up complex test management systems and databases
- Experience with working with robotics background dealing with sensor noise or non-ideal actuation
- Experience working with programming/scripting languages to automate tooling
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.