We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
The AV Development team’s mission is to accelerate Cruise’s rate of development by providing an increasingly reliable and available hardware platform for engineers to safely test and validate hardware and software changes. We drive cross functional hardware, software, and operations groups towards common goals and objectives. From calibration design to fleet issue resolution to vehicle system test development, we ensure each vehicle will be tested, calibrated, and reliable for road operations. As a senior TPM on our team, you will:
- Develop plans; capture and track plan interdependencies across teams
- Identify, track, and mitigate program risks
- Collaborate with hardware, embedded systems, and software engineers to develop best solutions to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements
- Drive brainstorming sessions and unite teams towards common, shared goals
- Identify opportunities and drive program management process improvements
What you must have:
- Technical program management experience at a fast-paced tech company
- Experience developing and executing impactful, easy to understand, concise presentations and communications to different audiences, from the team to the executive level
- Experience identifying and developing appropriate project management processes for different types of projects (i.e., waterfall, lean, agile, scrum)
- Proven success in driving teams towards common, shared goals
- Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity and organization to complex undertakings; ability to understand complex technical systems
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Sensor calibration design and development
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, ME, or other engineering discipline
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, automotive, or complex electromechanical systems
- Metrics-informed decision making experience
- Embedded systems development and test experience
- Mechanical system development and test experience
- Experience working in a mechanical lab environment
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.