We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Test Engineer with experience in electromechanical product validation. In this position, will design and develop test and validation programs to support our various hardware programs. You will work closely with Cruise's internal teams, our OEM partners and suppliers to identify testing needs, design tests that challenge our products, develop test methods and the equipment needed to execute them, and work closely with internal technicians and external partners to execute tests and analyze data for the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop test methods and specifications to verify and validate Cruise AV components designs against functional, performance and reliability requirements, in both development and production environments
- Facilitate hardware test bench and software design for AV sensor and module functional and reliability validation, including specifying and sourcing test instrumentation.
- Work with development and systems engineers to develop API requirements and specifications
- Develop testing scripts using APIs from the embedded system team
- Work with reliability and manufacturing teams on validation and manufacturing test plan refinement and prioritization
- Analyze testing data and partner with cross-functional teams on failure root cause and design countermeasures.
- Drive root causing of failures and design mitigations.
- Own test preparation, authorize test methods, conduct test design reviews and test readiness reviews.
- Document and distribute test results with recommendations for improvements/next steps.
- Participate in design review and xFMEA meetings to ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated
What you must have:
- BS in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years experience of test development in electronics, automotive, aerospace or related industries
- Solid background in electrical/electronics or mechanical design and/or validation
- Proficient in Python, C++, Labview/NI TestStand or similar programming languages/environments
- Experience in design test fixtures (SolidWorks or similar) and test harness
- Experience with reliability tests such as shock & vibe, temperature, humidity, corrosion and ingress protection
- Familiarity with common lab equipment for test development such as programmable power suppliers, oscillators, current probes
- Experience with developing test specifications and manage international suppliers / contract manufacturers
- MS in Electrical or Electronics engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with L4 autonomous vehicle sensor or compute development
- Experience in test development of fast paced environment for both low and high volume products
- Familiarity with automotive validation standards
- Experience with thermal and structural FEA analysis in SolidWorks, Ansys or similar
- Experience with design for testing (DFT)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.