We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our employees have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for an experienced electric vehicle (EV) charging athlete to guide our strategic deployment of an EV charging infrastructure. As an integral member of our Go To Market team, you will be responsible for defining charging infrastructure strategy, designing system-level solutions to execute that strategy, and providing expertise to evaluate emerging technologies.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company to define and guide our EV charging strategy
- Develop, analyze, and recommend system-level charging solutions that meet our strategic operating and cost objectives
- Develop and validate emerging charging technologies
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to incorporate energy policy and standards into charging strategy
- Support deployment of charging infrastructure as our fleet scales
- Proactively find new ways to optimize charging operations
What you must have:
- +4 years of experience in EV Charging or relevant industry
- Strong technical understanding of EV chargers
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly complex technical systems to executive-level audience
- Operate with a high level of autonomy with a proven ability to juggle numerous activities and projects
- Ability to adapt, operate, and act decisively in an ambiguous environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience with L2 and DC fast-charging
- Prior experience with electric utilities
- Proven track record delivering innovative solutions to technical challenges
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.