We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is seeking a Sr. Art Director/Designer with an array of design skills, a proven ability to think conceptually, and a portfolio that reflects an array of consumer tech brands. The ideal candidate should have experience developing branded content, with an emphasis on social media, as well as developing both traditional advertising and earned-centric campaigns.
As a design department of one (for now) the candidate must be incredibly comfortable in a self-driven, fluid environment, and be willing to play a multitude of roles. Responsibilities will include all levels of design work, from large scale projects and campaigns to minor pixel pushing for presentations and internal communications.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of design systems and brand fundamentals. They should also have experience in applying (and evolving) a consistent brand across a myriad of platforms and media, including websites, ads, social content, videos, and an array of internal communications, including email and presentations.
This role will be challenging in its breadth and pace, and the successful candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects at once. They will work directly with the Head of Creative & Content to prioritize workstreams and bring in and oversee freelance talent and creative vendors as needed.
This role provides an opportunity to touch nearly every marketing and communication output and evolve one of the most exciting consumer tech and automotive brands in the world. They will be working directly with everyone from senior executives to highly technical engineers, and the ability to code switch will be highly beneficial.
Cruise is developing some of the most cutting edge and complex technology in the world, so an ability to translate highly technical information into simple, visual, compelling consumer messaging is critical.
This is a truly unique opportunity to play a significant role in developing, evolving, and growing one of the most exciting brands of the 21st century, one that is going to change the future of transportation forever.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on design of external and internal marketing and communications assets
- Ideation of branded content and marketing campaigns
- Art direction of motion graphics and video projects
- Assistance in developing a new animation and illustration
- Translation of highly technical concepts into consumer friendly visuals
- Ensure consistent production quality and brand application across all channels
What you must have:
- 6+ years experience
- A portfolio that shows a range of brands and work - tech a must, automotive is a plus
- Combination agency and in-house experience is a plus
- Mastery of Photoshop and other design tools
- Familiarity with web design and web publishing platforms
- Experience creating assets for all social media platforms, in all formats
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.