We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform Incoming Quality Control (IQC) on optical sensor hardware to collect data on component function and performance
- Collect and present understandable test data and results by using google docs/sheets/slides and graphing software
- Work directly with engineers to design, fabricate, and assemble custom test station mounts
- Produce and develop detailed documentation for test, maintenance, safety, and team processes
- Help build state-of-the-art sensor test labs -- i.e., understanding lab power requirements, interfacing with facilities team(s), gathering ethernet requirements, and overseeing lab builds
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of parts, tools and consumables with tracking software
- Work with vendors to create RMA’s for calibrating or replacing defective equipment
- Observe all safety standards and maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly
What you must have:
- More than 5 years working as a lab technician
- Experience in optical testing, especially cameras or LiDARs (or their components - lenses, lasers, etc)
- Fabrication skills including but not limited to harness creation, custom fixturing, metal reworking, and basic custom electrical setups and their respective safety requirements.
- Experience bringing up, maintaining, and operating lab equipment such as light sources, optical meters, test charts, microscopes, oscilloscopes, power supplies, motorized stages, thermal chambers, DAQ hardware, spectrum analyzers, and the like
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation (Google Suite, Confluence, JIRA)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- A self starter mentality. The ability to take direction and proactively seek out any missing information or details to accomplish a task.
- Experience using Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Ability to thrive in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis with a propensity for creative out of the box thinking.
- Knowledge of or experience with performing sensor calibration
- Experience working with laser alignment and laser safety protocols
- Python/Matlab/CAD experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of industry best practice techniques across a range of R&D lab equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, soldering, desoldering, harness building, operating a manual mill, lathe, horizontal/vertical drop saw, and basic shop hand tools
- You are able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and network diagrams to understand how they apply to a physical setup
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.