We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Strategic Partnerships & New Business Initiatives team is responsible for driving the future commercialization of Cruise’s AV technology. Our team is comprised of roles that span deal-making, strategy, and business execution. We work on strategic transactions, incubate new business lines (including AV Delivery), and design go-to-market playbooks, collaborating cross-functionally with other teams. We are a diverse group of analytical, forward-thinking individuals passionate about being on the front lines of creating sustainable commercial value for Cruise’s AV technology
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join the Delivery Team in Phoenix. The role will focus on building out Cruise’s delivery business from the ground up, and will require strong problem solving skills and working cross-functionally to ensure timely execution of key business decisions, pilots and company strategy. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the on-demand delivery space, and will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and have on-the-ground experience in launching new businesses or markets with minimal oversight.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build trusted relationships with key external partners and internal stakeholders ensure smooth pilot operations and build a strong feedback loop
- Be a strong problem solver - troubleshoot issues as they arise, help teams overcome barriers or blockers, and work to preempt challenges
- Own all pilot analytics and KPI reporting, providing qualitative insights into issues or highlighting opportunities for the broader team
- Identify operational inefficiencies and opportunities for improvements through conversations with on-the-ground teams, first-hand observations and analytics. Present findings and related recommendations to the Operations Lead and internal stakeholders
What you must have:
- 7+ years of work experience
- Prior new business or market launcher or general manager experience required
- Prior experience working with external parties (partners, vendors, etc.) required
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to synthesize and articulate key messages to senior leadership
- Comfort with ambiguity: apply structured, analytical thinking to new, undefined problems
- Excellent business intuition
- Previous experience in a similar role in the on-demand delivery space; experience across multiple verticals a plus
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.