We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We're looking for a Senior IT Inventory Control Specialist to help manage an increasingly complex IT asset landscape. This role will support the IT Operations organization with ordering of IT hardware and software, as well as manage processes, strategies, and technologies that support a full lifecycle approach to managing all assets in our enterprise.
IT Inventory Control covers a wide spectrum of responsibility; including aiding with asset requests, approvals, procurement, receipt, setup, installation, repairs, changes, upgrades, moves, analysis, audits, and disposal of assets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collect data and perform spend analysis, profile category, analyze and report data to explain trends, savings, and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate with corporate procurement team on negotiations and align on pricing and business terms with suppliers.
- Develop business relationships with internal partners with strong customer service focus and visibly demonstrating your value added contribution.
- Act as a liaison between functional teams and identify dependencies.
- Attend planning/status update meetings, as needed, for supported functions.
- Ensure inventory levels through regular inventory counts and headcount projections.
- Resolve major supplier performance issues.
- Oversee and ensure success of new hire equipment prep, hardware collections, refreshes, repairs, and e-waste.
- Mentor, delegate, and collaborate with Support Specialists and Inventory Contractors.
What you must have:
- 4+ years of experience managing all aspects of inventory, procurement, and asset management.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing, dynamic, and agile environment, including the ability to manage time and projects.
- Ability to work independently across functions and work with all levels of users and management.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to recognize inefficiencies and broken processes.
- Demonstrates a mentality of continuous improvement.
- Strong business acumen, including ability to negotiate and influence. Independent, self-motivated and results-oriented. Ability to prioritize several competing demands to achieve optimum service performance while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Possess an understanding of the various types of current IT Hardware technologies (desktop, laptop, sata and m.2 SSDs, and various types of IT components and peripherals)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience documenting technical processes and procedures for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficient with Google Workspace and experienced with advanced spreadsheet formulas and data manipulation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes.
- Possess a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
- Experience with Coupa or similar Business Spend Management (BSM) platform.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience with SnipeIT or similar IT asset management systems.
- Experience sourcing custom hardware.
- Experience using FedEx Ship Manager and managing shipping logistics
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.