We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to lead the development of our on-vehicle sensor ingest modules. In this position, you will be responsible for delivering the core hardware that facilitates the ingest, processing, and arbitration of visual and acoustic sensor data for our autonomous vehicles. You will collaborate and drive discussions with our internal Sensor Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Test Engineering, Functional Safety, Program Management, and Supply Chain teams as the Sensor Ingest Module Lead. In this position, you will also be responsible for interfacing with external partners and suppliers to ensure that the hardware meets our functional and performance requirements while maintaining cost and timing targets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead technical discussions and conduct design reviews with cross-functional teams and relevant stakeholders
- Rationalize processing and diagnostics needs for sensor ingest (image capture, video capture, audio capture)
- Manage trend of computation needs based on program needs for various vehicle generations
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering and Architecture teams to drive the requirements definition, analysis, development and documentation of module technical specifications
- Review test plans and test results ensuring requirements have been met by the hardware design
- Collaborate with Product, Safety, and Legal teams to ensure that the product meets all regulatory requirements
- Participate in feature/system safety analyses and component DFMEA
- Participate in regular reviews with external suppliers to track hardware development progress and resolve technical issues
- Liaison with Technical Project Management to track timelines, burn down risks, and seek opportunities in meeting timing targets
- Partner with Supply Chain Management to build supplier relationships and seek opportunities to reduce hardware development and unit costs
What you must have:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 6+ years of postgraduate experience with developing Electronic Control Units, Sensor processing modules, networking modules, or similar in a JDM/ODM model
- Expert in system-on-chips (SoC) and digital signal processors (DSP) that comprise the architecture of audio and video processing modules
- Ability to understand complex technical systems, specifically relating to vehicle components and hardware integration
- Technical collaborator with multidisciplinary teams; electrical, mechanical, and software engineering
- Design and certification experience to GMW, CISPR, or FCC/CE standards
- Excellent project management and supply chain management skills and collaboration with those teams
- Experience with camera interfaces such as FPD-Link/GMSL and audio interfaces such as A2B
- Experience with audio and voice processing (Echo cancellation/Noise Reduction)
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA/MPSoC platforms
- Experience with Automotive standards such as ISO26262 and AEC-Q100/200
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.