We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to lead the development of our on-vehicle sensor ingest modules. In this position, you will be responsible for delivering the core hardware that facilitates the ingest, processing, and arbitration of visual and acoustic sensor data for our autonomous vehicles. You will collaborate and drive discussions with our internal Sensor Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Test Engineering, Functional Safety, Program Management, and Supply Chain teams as the Sensor Ingest Module Lead. In this position, you will also be responsible for interfacing with external partners and suppliers to ensure that the hardware meets our functional and performance requirements while maintaining cost and timing targets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead technical discussions and conduct design reviews with cross-functional teams and relevant stakeholders
- Rationalize processing and diagnostics needs for sensor ingest (image capture, video capture, audio capture)
- Manage trend of computation needs based on program needs for various vehicle generations
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering and Architecture teams to drive the requirements definition, analysis, development and documentation of module technical specifications
- Review test plans and test results ensuring requirements have been met by the hardware design
- Collaborate with Product, Safety, and Legal teams to ensure that the product meets all regulatory requirements
- Participate in feature/system safety analyses and component DFMEA
- Participate in regular reviews with external suppliers to track hardware development progress and resolve technical issues
- Liaison with Technical Project Management to track timelines, burn down risks, and seek opportunities in meeting timing targets
- Partner with Supply Chain Management to build supplier relationships and seek opportunities to reduce hardware development and unit costs
What you must have:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 6+ years of postgraduate experience with developing Electronic Control Units, Sensor processing modules, networking modules, or similar in a JDM/ODM model
- Expert in system-on-chips (SoC) and digital signal processors (DSP) that comprise the architecture of audio and video processing modules
- Ability to understand complex technical systems, specifically relating to vehicle components and hardware integration
- Technical collaborator with multidisciplinary teams; electrical, mechanical, and software engineering
- Design and certification experience to GMW, CISPR, or FCC/CE standards
- Excellent project management and supply chain management skills and collaboration with those teams
- Experience with camera interfaces such as FPD-Link/GMSL and audio interfaces such as A2B
- Experience with audio and voice processing (Echo cancellation/Noise Reduction)
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA/MPSoC platforms
- Experience with Automotive standards such as ISO26262 and AEC-Q100/200
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.