We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Our autonomous vehicles rely on state of the art electronics to ensure safety, sensor data compute, and in-car infotainment processing. Each of these modules need to be thoroughly tested and validated to pass stringent qualifications. We are seeking a dynamic electrical validation engineer to test and validate our extensive range of car modules. This is an opportunity to work cross functionally with many stakeholders (hardware, software, systems engineering, suppliers) and roadmap from validating power integrity to high speed signals and everything in between.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with design engineers to develop and execute with a test, bring-up and validation plan
- Participate in bring-up, debug, and root cause failure analysis activities in addition to executing test and validation plans (PI & SI)
- Detailed knowledge about the communication buses and interfaces used in networking, such as Ethernet (1/10/25G), TCP/IP, PCIe, MDIO, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Accurately and efficiently document test results, analyze data, and communicate results with the team and various stakeholders while continually improving test methods
- Write scripts to automate testing and measurement of hardware interfaces
- Participate in design reviews to ensure test and validation coverage of new boards during design phase
- Work with Tier1 / 2 / Contract Manufacturers vendors on component development and testing strategies, clarify technical queries on testing and validation
What you must have:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience with hardware validation with proficiency in: ethernet switch design, high speed interface design and validation, compliance tests for different standards like IEEE (Ethernet), FPD, MIPI, DDR, PCIe, etc.
- Strong knowledge in EE fundamentals, power & signal integrity, and analog/digital circuits
- Experience using bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, VNA’s, and thermal/heat chambers
- Experience in power supply characterization, EMI/EMC testing methods, root causing issues
- Previous testing experience with high speed interfaces like Ethernet (25G/10G-KR, 10GBase-T), Automotive Ethernet (1G-T1), PCIe, DDR4, etc.
- Automotive industry experience
- Experience in ASIL B/D Validation
- Scripting to automate data collection and control ATE/Test fixtures (Python, VBA, C++, etc.)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.