We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
Cruise is creating a new-to-the-world service and a world-changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility. On the legal side, the rules are being written now, and we’re the team charged with helping guide the company on legal and risk considerations as we unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you’ll have an impact on high stakes decisions, working with technical and development teams solving some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with other legal groups and cross-functional business teams in Global Purchasing, Finance, Safety, Global Markets, Operations, Engineering, Employee Benefits, Contingent Workforce, Recruiting, Business Development, Corporate Governance & Securities, Facilities, Marketing/Communications and Information Security to strategize, draft and negotiate a wide variety of inbound software licensing, SaaS and services agreements, including both day-to-day and strategic commercial transactions.
- Provide legal counseling and strategic advice to support new product introduction.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial and technology agreements to support our Global Purchasing organization; including but not limited to, master services agreements, software licenses, SaaS agreements, staffing supplier agreements, evaluation agreements, advertising and digital media services agreements and NDAs.
- Identify, interpret, explain, and advise on non-standard terms and associated risks, contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposure to relevant business stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and facilitate collaboration by cultivating relationships and effectively counseling, collaborating, and communicating with legal and cross-functional partners.
- Develop and implement training and education programs for various business stakeholders on commercial contract terms and our commercial contracting processes.
- Develop and implement processes to drive efficiency to improve our contract processes and legal operations.
- Improve and create contract templates and negotiation playbooks.
- Manage outside counsel and legal budgets.
What you must have:
- Experienced attorney with 5+ years of transactional experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on commercial and technology transactions in a top law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Strong, demonstrated interest in technology and what Cruise does
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely
- Deep experience with commercial contracting
- Data, privacy employee benefits plans and IP licensing experience a plus
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
- Highly responsive and service oriented with excellent legal and business judgment
- Law degree from highly regarded school
- Member of a State bar
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.