We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About our Product Design Team
The Product Design team at Cruise is a passionate multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists driving the future of autonomous urban mobility. Their unique challenge is to introduce emerging AV technology to people’s daily lives with the promise of saving lives, money, and time. With the support of General Motors, the team creates a holistic end-to-end experience of our autonomous ride-sharing platform—from the tools that train the AVs to the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. They seek to continue building a team of individuals as inclusive as the future we're creating, thoughtfully crafting everything from hardware and software to 3D and sound.
About the role:
Our Consumer team designs experiences across mobile (iOS and Android) and tablets that drive the future of ridesharing. We partner closely with engineers, researchers, product managers, and 3D artists to create a bespoke service for our AVs, testing on the streets of San Francisco today. In this role, you will own core features to prepare our service for the masses, from reimagining pickups to inventing smarter, more personalized trip experiences. You will elevate our craft across both the digital and physical worlds, leveraging partners in everything from hardware to government relations to make your designs seamless.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own designs across our ridesharing service (Android & iOS)
- Define milestones and success metrics with other designers, product managers, and researchers
- Refine your designs from concept to high fidelity prototypes
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs to pixel perfection
- Evolve and maintain components of our design system
- Champion improvements, quality, and accessibility across our product
- Participate in critique and push our bar for craft
What you must have:
- A pension for craft, details, and technical challenges
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Strong product thinking and collaboration skills
- A passion for designing the elements of a service beyond pixels
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs and contribute to critique
- Experience shipping quality designs at scale on mobile platforms
- Mastery of mobile & accessibility patterns across Android and iOS
- Strong visual design skills (Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Comfort in motion and prototyping (Framer, Principle, After Effects, etc.)
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering
- A history of successful partnerships with product managers and engineers
- Passion for creating design systems
- Deep knowledge of visual, motion, or graphic design
- Experience in mobile or front end development
- Experience in service design, mapping, ridesharing, transportation, 3D, AR
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.