We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of HiL engineers to architect, design and build benches for components, subsystems and AV Systems.
- Manage and organize the system level test requirements and develop verification & validation test cases to ensure the interactions between AV system and host vehicle system.
- Work with Engineering Manager(s), Technical Program Managers, and others at Cruise and OEM partners to create and execute on a roadmap for your team.
- Collaborate with technical leads to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Grow and develop a team of engineers effectively assigning tasks to HiL engineers on your team in line with overarching Cruise priorities.
- Optimize the systems, tools, processes, and infrastructure to ensure that benches are properly prioritized and built correctly and on schedule, test cases and procedures are properly documented and conducted according to SW release schedules.
- Work with test stakeholders to scope facility, equipment and staffing needs for benches built and system integration tests.
- Support design of electromechanical testing environments at the system level to validate new hardware designs, improve AV safety, reliability, and performance.
- Train and mentor team members in order to improve how they solve problems and conduct tests, as well as develop technical growth plans for each individual on your team.
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet long-term goals and key metrics.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture which focuses on individual engagement and development.
- Serve as an embodiment of Cruise values.
- Drive a culture of safety at all times.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering background.
- 8+ years of postgraduate experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry.
- Experience with autonomous driving compute systems, sensors and communication protocols, simulation environments. (e.g., NI/dSPACE/Vector)
- Experience with requirements verification and validation testing, from test cases / procedure development to test execution.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software component integration, plus troubleshooting complex issues during system integration process.
- Programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing. (e.g., scripting, Python)
- Experience in test traceability from system level to component level.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.