About the Role:
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
We are looking for an expert Sr. Camera ISP Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle Hardware team and help us build the best self autonomous system in the world. In this position, you will be part of the Camera team, which is responsible for developing the automotive cameras for autonomous vehicles. You will interact with camera hardware engineers, embedded software engineers, systems engineers, perception engineers, technical program managers internally and various imager component vendors externally to ensure high quality cameras are designed, manufactured, and tuned.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for delivering Camera ISP output that is optimized for autonomous vehicle use-cases
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and external vendors on specifications, system definition, software development, and image quality tuning and evaluation
- Collaborate with machine perception developers and hardware teams to architect sensing strategy for autonomous vehicles at scale
- Innovate new techniques and conduct studies in optimizing ISP and performance for machine perception
- Work with sensor validation and vehicle fleet teams for performing ISP characterization, image quality tuning and evaluation, and troubleshooting for image quality related issues
- BS, MS/ PhD in imaging science, EE, CS, or similar field with 3+ years of hands-on experience in camera ISP tuning and evaluation
- Must have hands-on experience in various ISP modules tuning – AE, AWB, HDR processing, noise reduction and sharpness, tone mapping, and color tuning
- Experience with different ISP architectures and camera development
- Experience with at least one image quality evaluation software, preferred Imatest
- Strong Python skills with experience in image processing and data analysis
- Experience with automotive ISP tuning is a big plus
- Exposure to firmware design and/or real-time systems
- Experience with vendor management and manufacturing processes
- Experience with optimizing camera ISP for computer vision algorithms or ML models
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.