We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with engineering leads to understand their hiring needs and teach them how to maximize hiring output for their team
- Strategically plan and own a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their interest throughout the entire process
- Continually source passive candidates for tough-to-fill positions and creatively source for niche roles
- Work with other recruiters on the team and help one another reach team goals, mentor junior recruiters as needed
- Craft and distribute effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Build and maintain relationships with top talent
- Stay current with tech and autonomous vehicle industry news
What you must have:
- 3+ years of experience as a full-cycle, in-house technical recruiter
- Proven track record of sourcing and recruiting technical talent
- Experience and fluency of technically knowledgeable to conduct initial phone screens and calibrate against job descriptions
- Strong network of potential hires
- Ability to understand and relate to the startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, organization skills, impeccable email habits
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Analytical/data oriented approach to managing a recruiting funnel and working with hiring partners
- An understanding of diversity recruiting fundamentals
- Experience with Greenhouse, GEM, and/or Workday
- Relationships with research departments at top engineering graduate schools
- Software engineering and/or technical background
- Fluency with Tableau/similar reporting tools
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills
- Experience recruiting within the AV industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.