We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for an SOC design engineer to build the next generation autonomous vehicle platform. In this role, you will work closely with SOC architects and software architects to define features, write module level and subchips level micron-architecture specification. Your responsibility includes RTL coding, IP integration, synthesis and static timing analysis. You will also work closely with verification engineers to verify the design and involve in silicon validation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for SoC Frontend design
- Define micro-architecture specifications
- RTL coding using system verilog and/or verilog
- Perform feasibility study on different third party IPs and integrate IPs at SOC level.
- Closely work with Verification team and help define testplan and run tests and debug design
- Run Lint, CDC, Synthesis and formal verification tools and closely work with Backend team on floorplan, Constraints definition and timing analysis
- Support FPGA prototyping
- Post-silicon system bring-up
- Participate in design reviews of hardware systems and related software systems
What you must have:
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in SOC/ASIC Front-End design
- Track record of first-pass success in ASIC Development
- Experience in writing Microarchitecture specification, one or more HDL language (System Verilog, Verilog), and one or more scripting language (TCL, Python, Perl, Shell-scripting)
- Experience with SoC design methodologies that involve running ASIC Front-End simulation tool, and synthesis, Lint, CDC and STA design tool.
- Strong knowledge in digital design that involves multiple clock domains, clock power management and low power design, tools and methodologies including power intent UPF specifications
- Hands-on experience with NoC design and integration
- Hands-on experience with PCIe, DDR, or Ethernet high speed interface design and IP integration
- Knowledge of low speed system peripheral bus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
- Knowledge of Image processing, Machine learning accelerator cores is preferred
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.