We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for an SOC design engineer to build the next generation autonomous vehicle platform. In this role, you will work closely with SOC architects and software architects to define features, write module level and subchips level micron-architecture specification. Your responsibility includes RTL coding, IP integration, synthesis and static timing analysis. You will also work closely with verification engineers to verify the design and involve in silicon validation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for SoC Frontend design
- Define micro-architecture specifications
- RTL coding using system verilog and/or verilog
- Perform feasibility study on different third party IPs and integrate IPs at SOC level.
- Closely work with Verification team and help define testplan and run tests and debug design
- Run Lint, CDC, Synthesis and formal verification tools and closely work with Backend team on floorplan, Constraints definition and timing analysis
- Support FPGA prototyping
- Post-silicon system bring-up
- Participate in design reviews of hardware systems and related software systems
What you must have:
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 20+ years of experience in SOC/ASIC Front-End design
- Track record of first-pass success in ASIC Development
- Experience in writing Microarchitecture specification, one or more HDL language (System Verilog, Verilog), and one or more scripting language (TCL, Python, Perl, Shell-scripting)
- Experience with SoC design methodologies that involve running ASIC Front-End simulation tool, and synthesis, Lint, CDC and STA design tool.
- Strong knowledge in digital design that involves multiple clock domains, clock power management and low power design, tools and methodologies including power intent UPF specifications
- Hands on experience with image sensor processing (ISP) design and integration
- Knowledge of Camera Serial Interface, MIPI, AXI bus, Image/Video processing, computer vision and video compressing technology including JPEG, H.264 and H.265
- Knowledge of low speed system peripheral bus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.