We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to help us develop cutting edge hardware that will power our next generation vehicles. In this position, you will work with engineering design, supplier quality and reliability to shepherd our hardware designs from first prototypes to high volume, mass production.
If you're interested in building cutting edge hardware to enable the future of transportation, then let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide direction to contract manufacturers and suppliers; be the manufacturing technical expert on projects owned while serving as a technical resource to cross-functional teams
- Drive failure analysis, equipment, and process issue resolution when working with contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Develop manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and calibration equipment to execute on early stage prototype builds
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to train engineering technicians and operators on early prototype builds
- Work with the Program, Quality, Design, and Purchasing teams to plan and support product development, track timelines, and ensure projects land on-time
- Design, implement and successfully scale automated, semi-automated, and manual assembly and/or manufacturing processes
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues and implement automation where possible
- Serve as an embodiment of Cruise values
- Responsibilities within the below functions:
- Design for Manufacturability
- Early and ongoing DFM support to ensure new products are mechanically and electronically manufacturable
- Product Engineering
- Responsible from prototype to production and provides production support to CM’s and suppliers
- Process Engineering
- Design and develop complex processes targeting OEE improvements while using statistical analysis to qualify and validate process
What you must have:
- BS/MS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in engineering preferably in manufacturing high performance compute and/or networking devices
- Mix of hands-on skills and vendor management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Manufacturing experience in a high volume environment
- Proven track record landing complex projects on time
- Experience managing outside manufacturing partners
- Exceptional knowledge of manufacturing line setup, validation, and SPC
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience with Altium and reviewing board layouts
- Experience in firmware flashing and deployment
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.