We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with software and hardware teams to design, implement, and test the hardware, software, and processes required to calibrate current and future AV sensor suites
- Synthesize system performance requirements using input from cross-functional stakeholders and use these requirements to inform calibration architecture decisions
- Through design, testing, and analysis, transition calibration infrastructure from R&D to production and meet all aggressive program timelines
- Develop scripts and software to support the design, testing, and analysis of both R&D and production calibrations
- Develop software and hardware tools to monitor calibration quality and operational metrics in support of continuous improvement and root cause analysis
- Develop detailed test plans, test reports, and production process specifications
- Drive joint technical roadmaps for calibration hardware and software in collaboration with operations and AV design groups
- Participate in technical reviews and collaborate with teammates and cross-functional stakeholders to meet program goals
- Mentoring junior engineers
What you must have:
- BS or MS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Aerospace, etc.), Math, or Physics, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of engineering experience working with complex electromechanical systems
- Strong software skills in Python and C++
- Comfortable working in a Unix or Linux environment and utilizing shell commands
- Strong understanding of basic physics, statistics, and design of experiments
- Experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, robotics, or similar industry
- Experience building, programming, and troubleshooting electromechanical systems
- Deep understanding of how mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components interact and understanding of which discipline can most easily solve a given technical problem
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage complex technical projects that require directing the work of a small team (1-3 supporting engineers or technicians)
- Demonstrated rapid prototyping skills
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Experience with volume production systems, industrial automation, and statistical process controls
- Proficiency in mechanical CAD (esp. Solidworks), CAE, and PLM (esp. Teamcenter)
- Experience with OpenCV libraries (C++ or Python)
- Experience using Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience using SQL for data analysis or to build dashboards
- Experience writing and releasing production software
- Experience programming robotic systems and/or PLCs
- Experience calibrating sensors (IMU, lidar, camera, radar, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the physics of at least one sensor technology (IMU, lidar, camera, radar, etc.)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.