We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
Cruise is creating a new-to-the-world service and a world-changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility. On the legal side, the rules are being written now, and we’re the team charged with helping guide the company on legal and risk considerations as we unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you’ll have an impact on high stakes decisions, working with technical and development teams solving some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation. This position will report to our Associate General Counsel, Product Safety, Regulatory and Compliance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serves as a primary point person for Cruise’s ethics and compliance program, ensuring that Cruise exercises due diligence and sound internal controls to operate with integrity and protect against legal risk.
- Will develop and document ethics and compliance policies and procedures that meet the federal sentencing guidelines.
- Will maintain, implement, and manage all training on compliance-related subjects and hot-line processes.
- Will be responsible for providing legal support to any compliance investigations and audits.
- Will work closely with the senior management and human resources to evaluate and respond to suspected compliance violations, and for consistent enforcement, disclosure, and remedial action protocols.
- Will also review and draft legal documents and advise employees on legal and regulatory issues related to vendors, projects, and marketing.
- Assess compliance training needs in light of current policies, external developments, and specific risk areas. Develop and deliver content to meet these needs.
- Understand the business environment and use analytical skills and experience to set compliance priorities, and recommend options to minimize compliance risk.
- Advise on training on monitoring and auditing activities related to the business and help ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Conduct periodic compliance risk assessments and assist in developing appropriate mitigation plans
- Provide day to day guidance to employees on regulatory compliance matters
What you must have:
- Experienced attorney with 10+ years doing regulatory and/or compliance work in a top law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Strong, demonstrated interest in technology and what Cruise does; ability to relate with engineers and get in the details
- Data, privacy and security counseling experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience with CFIUS, Export Compliance and Sanctions a plus
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
- Highly responsive and service oriented with excellent legal and business judgment
- Law degree from highly regarded school; technical undergraduate degree a plus
- Member of a State bar
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.