We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Our Corporate Security Team interfaces with a range of teams and strives to be a partner throughout the organization, enabling secure implementation for other teams through the platforms we build, configure, or deploy. We aim to understand challenges, propose a path forward, and work together to provide a solution.
Some of our challenges include: How do we provision access with a remote-first approach? How can security gated processes be simplified using automation, default controls, and self-service workflows? How can we enable “Zero Trust” by providing default deployment options and infrastructure? If you have the answers, we’re excited to hear them!
This role can be fully remote!
What you’ll be doing:
- Enhance the security posture of corporate infrastructure and tools.
- Perform security assessments of core corporate services.
- Automate typical business and corporate security processes.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
- Analyze and improve the security and stability of business applications and in-house systems.
- Build workflows to facilitate secure access and sharing of data.
- Leading security initiatives across multiple teams to deliver a successful outcome.
What you must have:
- Expert in corporate authentication and authorization (MFA, SAML, WebAuthn, etc)
- Experience with endpoint detection and response tools (OS Query, GRR, Sysmon, etc).
- Knowledge of endpoint management tools (Chef, Jamf, etc).
- Experience writing tools using Go, Python, Shell, or similar languages.
- Thorough understanding of UNIX, Mac, and Windows.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Action oriented, analytical, troubleshooter, problem solver, motivator.
- BS in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Practical experience with BeyondCorp / Zero Trust principles.
- Appreciate that security wins are driven by incremental changes.
- Contributions to the community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Knowledge of attack surfaces for common enterprise systems and services.
- Experience with Terraform, git, and configuration as code.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Experience with other parts of security such as data loss prevention, email security, and logging and detection, and PKI.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.