We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Our Corporate Security Team interfaces with a range of teams and strives to be a partner throughout the organization, enabling secure implementation for other teams through the platforms we build, configure, or deploy. We aim to understand challenges, propose a path forward, and work together to provide a solution.
Some of our challenges include: How do we provision access with a remote-first approach? How can security gated processes be simplified using automation, default controls, and self-service workflows? How can we enable “Zero Trust” by providing default deployment options and infrastructure? If you have the answers, we’re excited to hear them!
This role can be fully remote!
What you’ll be doing:
- Enhance the security posture of corporate infrastructure and tools.
- Perform security assessments of core corporate services.
- Automate typical business and corporate security processes.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
- Analyze and improve the security and stability of business applications and in-house systems.
- Build workflows to facilitate secure access and sharing of data.
- Leading security initiatives across multiple teams to deliver a successful outcome.
What you must have:
- Expert in corporate authentication and authorization (MFA, SAML, WebAuthn, etc)
- Experience with endpoint detection and response tools (OS Query, GRR, Sysmon, etc).
- Knowledge of endpoint management tools (Chef, Jamf, etc).
- Experience writing tools using Go, Python, Shell, or similar languages.
- Thorough understanding of UNIX, Mac, and Windows.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Action oriented, analytical, troubleshooter, problem solver, motivator.
- BS in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Practical experience with BeyondCorp / Zero Trust principles.
- Appreciate that security wins are driven by incremental changes.
- Contributions to the community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Knowledge of attack surfaces for common enterprise systems and services.
- Experience with Terraform, git, and configuration as code.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Experience with other parts of security such as data loss prevention, email security, and logging and detection, and PKI.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.