We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise’s Legal team is looking for a highly motivated team player to serve as a Legal Program Manager. As our needs expand, our small (but growing!) team wants to build something truly unique: an in-house team that meaningfully leverages cutting-edge technology and sound management principles. We want to collaborate easily, never reinvent the wheel, and be champions of integrity throughout our company.
We are looking for an extremely organized detail-oriented team player. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel - Litigation and support several Legal Team verticals: Litigation, Employment, Privacy, Legal Operations, and Intellectual Property. The role will own day-to-day responsibility for the Cruise Trademark and Patent Program and the Law Firm Billing Program, but ultimately this is a generalist role focused on project management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide support to several Legal Team verticals (Litigation, Employment, Privacy, Legal Operations, and Intellectual Property), and executive support to their leads.
- Learn and administer our applications and processes, including our Legal Helpdesk (internal legal request intake and triage), Law Firm e-billing set up, tracking spend by matter, patent disclosure and prosecution tracking, and trademark docketing.
- Manage and prioritize conflicting demands; handle matters expeditiously and proactively; and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Generally keep us organized! This may include creating training content and presenting it, migrating files between applications, and designing new processes and procedures .
- Support Legal training programs, including the Cruise patent education program.
- Quickly learn Legal stakeholder applications and processes to complete cross functional tasks, and to influence non-Legal stakeholders to implement and comply with Legal processes.
- Demonstrate utmost discretion by understanding and following confidentiality best practices and Company policies to safeguard data and information.
- Learn new subject areas quickly to understand the context of assigned tasks.
What you must have:
- High school degree or equivalent, associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years relevant working experience.
- A proven ability to learn complex concepts and systems quickly.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, especially through virtual mediums.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Eager to solve problems and take on responsibility.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of G-Suite, Microsoft Office, productivity and collaboration apps like Slack, Jira, and Confluence, and generally comfortable with technology.
- A practical understanding of spreadsheet (Gsheet or Excel) functions including pivot tables and vlookup.
- Team oriented approach to communication and problem-solving.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once, and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Have a sense of humor!
- Paralegal certificate and/or project management certification.
- Previous work for a law firm or in-house law department.
- Past experience and/or subject matter expertise with trademark and patent filing and administration.
- Past experience and/or subject matter expertise with law firm billing and matter cost tracking.
- Previous experience with web design and UX/UI improvements based on ongoing user feedback.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.