We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
In the midst of a complex legal environment where the one constant is change, the Legal team is charged with guiding Cruise as it navigates novel legal issues and risk considerations. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you will have a big impact on high-stakes decisions. Our team works with technical, development, and business teams to solve some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation and pave the way for launch.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join Cruise’s Product Safety, Regulatory & Compliance team. In this role, you will support the autonomous vehicle safety and regulatory programs at Cruise. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative and experienced manager of cross-functional processes, who welcomes the challenge of helping us partner with teams across the company to design, build, and scale Cruise’s safety and regulatory initiatives. The best candidates will be personable and organized, and demonstrate the ability to develop, implement, and improve processes. This position will be based at Cruise’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Senior Counsel, Product Safety, Regulatory, and Compliance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively manage autonomous vehicle safety initiatives
- Support Cruise’s autonomous vehicle development by designing, implementing, and maintaining regulatory processes
- Create, update, and improve internal processes, templates, guidelines, and playbooks on a broad range of topics
- Partner with teams across Cruise on cross-functional programs and initiatives (marketing, ops, engineering, and more)
- Engage with regulatory agencies and manage regulatory filings
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a paralegal, experience working with engineering teams is a plus
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of GSuite, Slack, Jira, JAMA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people in a range of job functions
- Self-motivated with the ability to both self-manage and manage a team to achieve project objectives
- Experience working in tech, especially for a dynamic organisation
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks
- In-house experience
- Regulatory experience
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle technology, robotics, AI
- Paralegal certification
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.