We’re Cruise, the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for a Global Supply Manager, Autonomous Driving Sensors and Compute, to engage cross-functionally with Suppliers, Cruise Engineering and Program Management teams to ensure our hardware program is optimally sourced and at the best value for Cruise. We need GSMs who know how to creatively develop partnerships with key suppliers and reduce the inherent cost structure of our key modules and components.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us!
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop partnerships with the world’s best Suppliers and source our key modules and components to the right Suppliers in order to obtain a win-win situation
- Accurately capture and drive down our programs’ material costs
- Work cross-functionally to identify opportunities for cost reductions
- Develop accurate and aggressive should-costs and price targets
- Drive to meet targets and continuously communicate status to stakeholders and company leadership
- Identify opportunities to improve cost within the design envelope and drive to cross-functional implementation
- Review and optimize spending for engineering design and development, capital equipment, production tooling
- Partner closely with our Legal Team to draft and finalize legal agreements such as SOWs, Eval Agreements, License Agreements and Development contracts
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably Business Administration/Engineering
- 3+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- 2+ years in-depth experience working on legal agreements
- 2+ years of experience working closely with an Engineering organization
- Professional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage cross-functionally with Engineering, Program Management and Legal teams
- Demonstrated skill in working with Suppliers to achieve a win-win for both Cruise and its partners
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Willingness to work in a remote team for now; potential travel 25%+ Domestic (when travel resumes)
- MBA or MS in an engineering field
- Previous Manufacturing/Supply Chain experience
- Experience with Looker and/or Tableau
- Experience with Coupa and/or SAP
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.