We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create vehicle test procedures based on test scenarios and requirements; develop processes and training for vehicle technicians on lower-level troubleshooting and repairs.
- Vehicle .bag file integrity check after vehicle test.
- Maximize local AV Test fleet uptime and compliance with company standards by proactively investigating and resolving a diverse variety of hardware, software, firmware, and system-level issues in collaboration with the SF team, OEM partners, and suppliers.
- Support cross-functional root causes analyses of fleet-wide issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system.
What you must have:
- Master Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering background.
- Hands on experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry.
- Experience with requirements verification and validation testing, from test cases / procedure development to test execution.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software component integration, plus troubleshooting complex issues during system integration process.
- Experience with vehicle test at proving ground.
- Programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python.
- Experience in test traceability from system level to component level.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.