We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Fleet Reliability Systems intern, you will/may:
- Work collaboratively with Data Analysts and other internal partners to identify opportunities/problems related to data.
- Design data schema, develop and optimize data tables using best practices for partitioning, compression, parallelization, etc.
- Build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data from multiple sources into our database.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis using SQL on a regular basis.
- Build interactive visualizations using Looker and Python.
What you must have:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date.
- Excellent programming skills and code fluency in Python.
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Knowledge of database systems.
- Experience with big data mining/processing, data warehouse solutions, and ETL.
- Experience with data visualization (Looker preferred, Python libraries).
- Experience using GitHub.
- Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with both technical and non-technical partners.
- Prior work experience with Google Cloud Platform especially BigQuery, Kubeflow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.