We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Maneuver Planning organization handles decision-making in urban environments, including collision avoidance, unprotected turns, four-way-stops, lane changes, going around double-parked vehicles, and more. Engineers on this team develop algorithms and systems for handling complex maneuvers and road scenarios, and work to write code that is clean, clear, efficient and reliable. We collaborate closely with the Prediction and Motion Planning teams to deliver robust, general solutions that capture the nuances of driving safely on the road.
The Behaviors team is responsible for end-to-end maneuver performance. They drive projects to create new maneuvers and ways of representing behavioral decision making and scene interpretation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Invent, extend, design and implement algorithms that inform how the self-driving car should safely and comfortably navigate thousands of complex scenarios a day in the dense, unstructured environments of San Francisco
- Write reliable, scalable and high-performance software in C++
- Test and validate your software through unit and integration tests, simulations, and analysis of on-road performance
- Collaborate closely with members of adjacent teams on joint, high-impact projects
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where the immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contributions are highly visible
- Embody Cruise behaviors: Stay Safe, Own It, Stay Focused, Seek Truth, Work Together, Be Humble
What you must have:
- Experience writing production code in modern C++
- Experience working in robotics or a similar field
- Experience implementing scalable and maintainable software design patterns
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Completing or recently completed PhD in robotics or related field
- Experience designing software applications for safety-critical systems
- Expertise in optimization theory or graph solving
- Experience solving problems with computational geometry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.