We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
We are looking for a Hardware Design Engineer with experience in hardware/system/network architecture, hardware design and validation. In this position, you will be part of the Hardware team, which is responsible for developing the hardware platform for our autonomous vehicles. In this position, you will interact with electrical engineers, layout engineers, mechanical engineers, SI engineers, embedded system engineers, technical program managers internally and various High Speed IC/PCB vendors externally to ensure high quality components are designed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with cross functional vehicle integration teams to come up with the detailed requirements for high speed networking hardware components like Ethernet Switches, and drive them through development and verification
- Gather requirements, studying design trade off, and defining detailed specification for the components
- Drive high speed design and validation efforts which includes component selection, PCB stackup construction, understanding SI/PI results, propose PCB placement,
- Work with Tier1/2/Contract Manufacturers vendors on component development plan, clarifying technical queries
- Demonstrate full ownership of assigned systems/components
- Manage timelines and determining project deadlines in order to meet program timing
What you must have:
- BS or MS in Electrical or Electronics engineering or a related discipline
- 5-10+ years of experience with hardware engineering with proficiency in: Ethernet switch design, lifecycle management, hardware development, vendor management, safety and reliability requirements for AV’s
- Solid design experience of Ethernet switches, power delivery network (PDN), SI/PI tradeoffs, implementing design to meet EMI/EMC requirements
- Previous experience with high speed interfaces like 10G-KR/CR/SR, 10GBase-T, 1G-T1, 1GBase-T, PCIe, DDR4, etc.
- Solid design experience with automotive Ethernet standards
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in board design tools like Cadence, Altium
- Experience in ASIL B/D design implementations
- Experience in Ethernet SoC’s from industry leaders
- Experience in EMI/EMC testing methods, root causing issues
- Experience with compute/sensing hardware and testing
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis.
Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.