We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a Facilities Operations Lead to join our San Francisco office to build a world class facility operations to support the Cruise portfolio. This role works closely with our Real Estate, Project Delivery and Workplace teams to deliver the program of projects in flight that support our employees and the development of our product. This role will lead Cruise’s building operations, service contracts, facility projects and energy management. This role reports to the Cruise Global Director of Real Estate and Facilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proven track record of comprehending, analyzing, and interpreting the most complex business documents. Proven ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Manages and leads all Regional Facility managers for Cruise's Global Facility Operations
- Evaluation of asset lifecycle cost & payback
- Leads Global Vendor strategy and is responsible for maintaining and validating that all SLA's are met. Oversees negotiations for all contracts and services
- Manages and forecasts all operating budgets and Deferred Maintenance/ Maintenance plans & strategies
- Ensures facilities reliability and performance across the portfolio
- Drives operational and process improvements that result in savings, continuous improvement, and improved productivity & efficiency
- Coordinates with all service lines and SME’s to ensure a Cruise Workplace experience
- Creates and implements the staffing strategy model for Cruise's locations across multiple markets
- Accountable to ensure that all Cruise Facilities are in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Leads Energy Strategy and Sustainability Program for the Cruise portfolio
- Able to create and communicate common strategic scalable FM vision across the entire portfolio
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships across all service lines and with third parties
- Formal supervision of Regional Facility Managers. Matrixed management of other Cruise Real Estate Team members
- Supervision of 3rd party Facilities Service contracts
- Ability to build and lead a Facilities Management team focused on world class employee experience in the physical environment
- Possess excellent management and leadership skills and the ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions
- Expert level analysis of proposed courses of action and the ability to make recommendations that have a direct impact on the company
- Experience with CMMS and other technology supporting Facilities Management Operations
- 10+ experience in facilities maintenance and management, and facility design planning/construction across multiple geographies
- Experience with R&D, Office, and Distribution product types
- Financial analysis/ Budget management skills
- Mastery of written and verbal communication skills to create business cases for project funding approvals
- Experience in managing a capital plan and ability to assist with capital planning efforts via cost estimation
- Experience in a variety of delivery methods (i.e. build to suits, TIs)
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently and multi-tasking
- Must be able to clearly communicate concepts, procedures, and systems needed to all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time
- Master’s degree preferred
- Professional certifications: CFM, CMRP, FMP, SFP, etc.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.