We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
The Recruiting team is passionate about attracting the best talent on the planet.
Recruiting at Cruise is a collaborative partnership with our hiring managers who depend on us as strategic partners throughout the process. We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Recruiting Manager with experience in all areas of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning recruiting (AI, ML, ML platform, deep learning, data science etc) to lead and mentor a top flight recruiting team and to help scale our technical organizations. This role will play a visible and influential role in supporting Cruise’s continued and exciting growth.
This person must be a builder at heart - deeply passionate about technology - who can not only operate at the strategic level but also be hands-on in managing and guiding the AI recruiting team
- Be passionate about coaching, development and performance management
- Develop strong relationships with the VP of AI and leadership team to provide partnership and drive a long-term strategic vision for the group’s recruiting requirements
- Partner with the Director of Technical Recruiting to optimize recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics to the business, while using metrics to drive operational excellence across the team
- Work closely with our Strategic Sourcing team to help innovate on sourcing and recruiting strategies, contribute and drive process adjustments, new tools and best practices
- Have a strong awareness of operational excellence and partner effectively with Recruiting Operations to share timely updates and maintain data integrity in our tracking systems
- Seek and maintain a thorough understanding of our engineering teams’ technical requirements, acknowledging qualitative as well as quantitative hiring needs
- Be keenly aware of industry trends and competitive landscape, stay abreast of market intel to provide insights and innovate our hiring practices
- Lead resourcing and forecasting activities related to AI recruiting planning
What you must have:
- Significant technical recruiting experience in startups or large firms competing with relevant technology
- Recruiting experience in AI, ML, ML platforms, data science and in-depth knowledge of the AI/ML industry, specifically industry and academic luminaries
- 8+ years managing and/or mentoring recruiting professionals with a strong track record of hiring/building strong recruiting teams
- Proven track record of identifying and closing difficult-to-attract candidates
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing
- Consistent track record in driving efficiency in the use of technologies, process, and workflow
- Proven success partnering with executives and leaders cross-functionally and experience working closely with engineering/technical leadership
- High comfort level and proven success in managing remote teams effectively
- Excellence in relationship building, consulting, negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative approach
- Detail-oriented project management skills with the ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment that moves with a constant sense of urgency.
- Excellent communicator, able to apply tact and diplomacy in all situations
- Solid presentation skills, able to leverage data to influence decision making
- Proficient with recruiting tools, systems, ATS
- Genuinely passionate and curious about technology as well as the self driving car industry
- Experience with Greenhouse, GEM, and/or Workday
- Fluency with Tableau/similar reporting tools
- Experience within the AV industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.