We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
As a Staff Technical Product Manager, you’ll align your team around a vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You’ll focus on ensuring our AV engineers (your internal customers) have the tools they need to write high quality software, as productively as possible. At Cruise our engineers face challenges that are outstanding to the AV industry and, as the product manager for the AV developer experience, you’ll lead the delivery of equally unique solutions.
You'll work cross-functionally with engineers, other product managers, and program management to build out a roadmap to realize your vision. You’ll keep teams passionate about what is most important for the company; setting priorities, defining requirements, and ensuring delivery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing deep intuition and emotional intelligence for the challenges of our AI and robotics engineering teams, identifying pain points and areas of opportunity for improving their core engineering workflows.
- Act as the single interface across many functions and teams as Cruise, ensuring their needs are being addressed through delivery roadmaps and architecture design
- Ensure engineering managers have complete requirements in order to deliver on required initiatives
- Leading the full product lifecycle from initial vision through delivery of value to targeted customers
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
What you have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in tech-related fields
- 5+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- An ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Strong soft skills typically required as a consultative partner (active listening, influencing, challenging the status quo)
- Intellectual curiosity and integrity, and a strong passion to create lasting solutions to solve key business problems
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users and partners
- Experience working on development tools and platforms (e.g. APIs, development toolchains, etc)
- Technical depth required to understand and improve development workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or “big 3” consulting work experience
- Product management experience where your customers were internal.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.