Our Offensive Security Team pushes the limits in a wide range of technologies and verticals. We need someone on our team that can help to push those limits even further. Our job as the Offensive Security Team is to out-think and out develop real adversaries, and our team is looking to expand our development capabilities. This role can include everything from writing tools and automation, exploiting webapps and networks, to performing full red team assessments. This role is perfect for those who are ready to stretch the limits of what is possible and operate in a creative, ever-changing environment.
During our assessments, we encounter unique twists on many common problems that modern software engineers face: How do we make our command and control infrastructure reliable and scalable? How do we secure the secrets that we obtain during an assessment? How can we automate some of the repetitive exploitation tasks that we do? How can we make sure our malware works when we need it to? This is where you come in! We are ok with fully remote work for the right candidate!
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform penetration tests on web applications, internal/external facing systems, and overall Cruise infrastructure
- Build tooling to automate our red team testing and development processes
- Heavy collaboration with cross functional teams to implement solutions derived from penetration assessments
What you must have:
- Experience with programming languages for development of solutions and offensive automation tooling, such as:
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work successfully with cross functional teams
- Experience leading or participating in penetration assessments of various companies and technology stacks.
- Experience in threat modeling and identifying attack surfaces for internal and external systems and services.
- Experience consulting on security matters in collaboration with in-house security and engineering teams.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions derived from assessments.
- Contributions to the community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Released tools to the public
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud security features
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.