We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our product managers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Cruise Origin is the world’s first purpose-built, fully autonomous vehicle for mass production, developed in partnership with GM and Honda. We’re seeking a hardware Product Manager to help define the future of transportation, delivering vehicle experiences that empower and inspire riders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate with hardware and software engineering teams across Cruise and OEM partners to deliver features that improve the rider experience in the Cruise Origin
- Drive decision-making across stakeholders at multiple companies and within a high degree of ambiguity
- Define product requirements for a roadmap of vehicle features
- Effectively manage both short and long-term priorities across multiple complex projects in a hybrid hardware software development environment
- Communicate goals, priorities, needs, expectations, and responsibilities across teams at Cruse and OEM partners
- Team with Engineering, Program Management and suppliers to develop timelines for product introduction. Track and report on project progress, proactively driving corrective action as needed
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of product management experience with a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful hardware product throughout its lifecycle
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- 25% travel (when safe to do so)
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to deliver results in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- 25% travel (when safe to do so)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.