We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our designers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
Design is a passionate group of leaders across design, research, & brand. We craft the experience people have with Cruise – from the tools that improve our technology to our self-driving vehicles to the way people experience our brand. We’re solving the challenge of introducing self-driving technology to people’s lives with a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from generating new product innovation to crafting the pixels. You will leverage your full range of product thinking, interaction design, and visual design skills to shape the future of autonomous vehicle experiences.
- Design product and service experiences that are intuitive and exceptionally well crafted
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to make strategic decisions to our products
- Refine your designs from concept to high fidelity prototypes
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs to pixel perfection
- Evolve and maintain components of our design system
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, continually raising our bar for quality
What you must have:
- You’re committed to craft, sweat the details, and love technical challenges
- You thrive in ambiguous environments
- Strong product thinking and collaboration skills
- A passion for working through complexity to get to simple solutions
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs, receive feedback gracefully, and contribute to the work of others
- Experience shipping quality designs at scale (mobile, gaming, 10-foot UI)
- Extensive knowledge of common operating systems & accessibility patterns
- Strong visual design, motion, and prototyping skills
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.