We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you’ll align your team around a vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You’ll work hand in hand with our IT and business teams and empower them to provide world-class business applications and secured systems, for Cruise.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager in Cruise’s Infrastructure department, you will be the single point of contact for lines of business and partner teams on their needs and requirements. You will identify ways to accelerate each partner’s business, and set the roadmap for how we will achieve our goals with world-class infrastructure. This role would include understanding as-is process, identifying gaps, gathering requirements across different teams, process re-engineering, and program management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Turn business requirements from partner teams (e.g. People, Finance, Security) into concrete delivery roadmaps
- Act as the single interface across many functions and teams as Cruise, ensuring their needs are being addressed through delivery roadmaps and architecture design
- Identify ways for Cruise infrastructure to accelerate the goals of our partner teams
- Ensure engineering managers have complete requirements in order to deliver on required initiatives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
- Partner with business stakeholders at Cruise to co-create technology-enabled business strategies with other teams
- Actively participate in strategy setting meetings with partner teams, setting the vision for our business applications will support Cruise's future growth
What you must have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in tech-related fields
- 5+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Strong soft skills typically required as a consultative partner (active listening, influencing, challenging the status quo)
- Intellectual curiosity and integrity, and a strong passion to create lasting solutions to solve key business problems
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users and partners
- Familiarity with rolling out business applications to internal users
- Technical depth and experience influencing technical decisions (e.g. deployment architecture for business apps)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or “big 3” consulting work experience
- Domain experience and understanding of finance and HR business systems, specifically around data governance
- Prior experience in IT or security fields
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.